Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's Time.



So I guess I should blog about the major change in my life . . . I'm going to be coaching basketball again. It's so strange really, because I have been happily retired for 7 years. Last Monday, Idaho Falls High School decided to take a big chance and hire me as their next women's basketball coach. I have so many emotions . . . mostly excited. I've been filled with many memories... and ready to provide the Lady Tigers with some of those same experiences. It's a little scary to even think about a practice without Coach Romo, but luckily, we've been on the phone enough that anyone who know's Romo would feel her influence all the way to Idaho Falls. I'm grateful to Romo for the many hours of advice she has given this past month. I'm grateful for the incredible support I have been given from my family, especially my sweet husband. I think they are as excited as I am.... I'm humbled by this new adventure, and pray daily that I can be a positive influence on these young ladies' lives. Go Tigers!!!

9 comments:

Kim Millard said...

Congrats! That is awesome and you will do a fabulous job!

carly said...

You're so cute, Brit! I'm excited for you!! You're going to be an amazing coach!

Anonymous said...

They are some lucky girls!!!! Congrats you are going to be awesome!!!
Heather (Hansen) Stroshine

Heather said...

I hope those girls realize how lucky they are!!! You will be great!!

Unknown said...

A few other people used the word lucky to describe the girls you will coach and I was going to say the exact same thing! I am so excited for you. Keep us updated! And I want to know if they are as weird as we were.

Lori said...

You will be great!! I understand your nerves, I would be a little nervous to coach again after so much time off. When it comes to being great for those girls, you're the person. I wish I was there to be your assistant:) (Although, we might have too much fun!)
Good Luck!

Poulsen Family said...

The Tigers couldn't have chosen a better coach and influence on those girls lives. Your integrity and positive attitude will take them far in life and hopefully on the basketball court. Love ya, Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

We are SOOO excited for you to coach, too!!! I still owe you dinner!

Erin said...

I am so excited for you. I still can't believe that we haven't gotten together yet. I will get to see you now. I go to all the girls games. I have kind of sideline coached the Blackfoot broncos girls. How fun. Will you please email me your email address so we can get together for lunch some time. I would love it. Again. CONGRATULATIONS.
mrsepack@hotmail.com